Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New Challenge

I know I haven't written on here before but three years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It's an imbalance of the women s sex hormones. I found out I had it when i had a series of test done because i wasn't getting my period. After i found out i started a prescription of metaformin that was supposed to help my insulin resistance and help regulate my period along side my birth control. After a year i stopped taking both but didn't have any problems with my periods until this past year when i didn't get it since October. I know i have gain alot weight this past year and i know that is likely the reason why my period have become irregular again. Tomorrow i am calling my doctor so i can get back on the prescription of metaformin so it can help like it did before and it would be hopefully easier for me to lose weight. Tonight doing research more about dieting with PCOS, I started my own page on FACEBOOK called PCOS Wisconsin. I also started the PCOS Challenge to help me lose weight. The website is free to sign up and they give you tips and pointers with other women you can chat with and give each other support. They also have videos you can watch as well about a variety of topics.

www.PCOSCHALLENGE.com

No comments:

Post a Comment